Posts for tag: Dental Implants
Dental implants offer an excellent solution if missing teeth have changed your smile. Your dentist in Teaneck, NJ, Dr. Isabel Lemus, can help you decide are implants are right for you.
6 reasons to choose dental implants
Dental implants offer an innovative approach to tooth restoration. Unlike other restoration options, dental implants make it possible to replace the bottom (root) and top (crown) of missing teeth.
The implant process starts with minor oral surgery to add a titanium post to your jawbone. The post, known as an implant, bonds to your jawbone over the course of several months, making your synthetic root just as strong as your natural roots. Your dental implant is connected to a dental crown to fill the gap in your smile and restore your biting ability.
If you've been thinking about replacing your missing teeth, you'll want to take a look at these dental implant benefits:
- A Long-Term Solution: Since implants become securely attached to your jawbone during the bonding process, they may last your entire lifetime.
- Comfort: You're likely to experience painful gum irritation if your restorations slip and slide when you eat. Dental implants don't move when you eat, which helps you avoid sores and irritation.
- Versatility: Whether you lost one tooth or all of them, dental implants can restore your smile.
- Natural Appearance: The crowns connected to the top of your dental implants are created from an impression of the mouth made during a visit to the Teaneck dental office. The impression is used to ensure that your new teeth look just like your natural teeth.
- Excellent Biting Power: A loss of biting power can occur if your restorations only replace the tops of your teeth. Tooth roots give you the power you need to eat hard, tough and sticky foods. Restoring your roots with dental implants means you won't have to change your diet or face a loss of biting power.
- Better Nutrition: Losing one or more teeth may make chewing, tearing, and grinding food difficult. If you've lost multiple teeth, you may just give up and opt for a soft or liquid diet instead. While a soft diet may fill you up, it won't necessarily offer the nutrients you need for good health. Thanks to your implants, you'll be able to eat a variety of foods.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Teaneck, NJ, dentist, Dr. Isabel Lemus, at (201) 836-0454 to schedule your appointment.
Patients who have missing teeth or major tooth and gum problems often have questions about dental implants. Implants are the modern solution for replacing teeth and are now often preferred over other solutions like dentures and bridges. Here are a few of the most common frequently asked questions about dental implants, answered. Having more knowledge of this dental treatment may inspire you to take action and call your Teaneck NJ dentist to see if you’re a candidate for this procedure.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are designed to serve the same purpose as the root of a tooth. They are small titanium devices that resemble screws that are inserted into the bone tissue below the gumline. When the implant heals into the bone, which may take several months, an abutment and permanent crown are placed on the top. With a porcelain or ceramic crown, the implanted tooth is indistinguishable from your other teeth.
Why Are Dental Implants the Best Solution?
The main reason why dental implants are the ideal solution is that they are permanent. Once they’re installed, they’re no different than any of your other teeth in terms of function and appearance. They also help keep the bone tissue healthy and strong. When you get dentures or bridges, the bone tissue can degrade over time.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
Only patients who have generally good dental health can get dental implants. Viable bone tissue is needed to ensure that the implants will stay rooted. That’s why it’s important to see a dentist for a tooth implant as early as possible. In some cases, a bone grafting procedure can help improve a patient’s chances of having a dental implant integrate successfully.
How Long Will Dental Implants Last?
For patients of a certain age, a dental implant has a good chance of lasting for a lifetime. The crown part of the implant can last for up to 15 years before it may need to be replaced. Seeing your dentist at least two times every year for professional cleanings and becoming meticulous about at-home dental care will ensure that the implant (and your other teeth) stays strong and healthy.
Contact your Teaneck NJ Dentist
Dental implantation is a straightforward and effective procedure that can help improve your dental health and the appearance of your smile. Call your Teaneck NJ dentist to schedule an appointment.