Why You Should Consider Dental Implants
Dental implants offer an excellent solution if missing teeth have changed your smile. Your dentist in Teaneck, NJ, Dr. Isabel Lemus, can help you decide are implants are right for you.
6 reasons to choose dental implants
Dental implants offer an innovative approach to tooth restoration. Unlike other restoration options, dental implants make it possible to replace the bottom (root) and top (crown) of missing teeth.
The implant process starts with minor oral surgery to add a titanium post to your jawbone. The post, known as an implant, bonds to your jawbone over the course of several months, making your synthetic root just as strong as your natural roots. Your dental implant is connected to a dental crown to fill the gap in your smile and restore your biting ability.
If you've been thinking about replacing your missing teeth, you'll want to take a look at these dental implant benefits:
- A Long-Term Solution: Since implants become securely attached to your jawbone during the bonding process, they may last your entire lifetime.
- Comfort: You're likely to experience painful gum irritation if your restorations slip and slide when you eat. Dental implants don't move when you eat, which helps you avoid sores and irritation.
- Versatility: Whether you lost one tooth or all of them, dental implants can restore your smile.
- Natural Appearance: The crowns connected to the top of your dental implants are created from an impression of the mouth made during a visit to the Teaneck dental office. The impression is used to ensure that your new teeth look just like your natural teeth.
- Excellent Biting Power: A loss of biting power can occur if your restorations only replace the tops of your teeth. Tooth roots give you the power you need to eat hard, tough and sticky foods. Restoring your roots with dental implants means you won't have to change your diet or face a loss of biting power.
- Better Nutrition: Losing one or more teeth may make chewing, tearing, and grinding food difficult. If you've lost multiple teeth, you may just give up and opt for a soft or liquid diet instead. While a soft diet may fill you up, it won't necessarily offer the nutrients you need for good health. Thanks to your implants, you'll be able to eat a variety of foods.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Teaneck, NJ, dentist, Dr. Isabel Lemus, at (201) 836-0454 to schedule your appointment.