Are you a candidate for dental implants?
When you are missing teeth, it is critical to replace them. Without all your teeth, chewing and eating can be challenging, as well as uncomfortable. Missing teeth can also destabilize your bite. Dental implants are a great option for replacing teeth that are missing or are badly diseased. A dental implant at I. D. Lemus Dental, LLC. offers relief, support, and stability to your bite, and often, implants are the most natural and effective option available.
Dr. Isabel Lemus and our team have helped many patients using implant dentistry at our Teaneck, NJ, office restore their smiles to look more natural. Each implant is created to fit in perfectly with the look of the rest of your teeth.
Besides making your smile appear more natural, dental implants have other benefits. They include:
- Restoring your ability to properly chew food
- Preventing your teeth from shifting and moving
- Stabilizing your bite, helping you avoid pain or discomfort
If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth and feel like you are a candidate for dental implants, Dr. Isabel Lemus and our team at I. D. Lemus Dental, LLC. in Teaneck, NJ, encourage you to give us a call to schedule an appointment at (201) 836-0454.
Though you might've been happy with your smile for most of your life, you may begin to notice aspects that you'd like to change—like those crooked lower teeth. You may be thinking that you'll have to endure a mouthful of "train tracks," but not to fear, not all dental corrective treatment relies on traditional braces. Your Teaneck, NJ, dentist, Dr. Isabel Lemus is happy to share how clear correct aligners can put your mind at ease.
You've probably heard of the most popular clear aligners, Invisalign, which are an inventive rival to that of traditional braces. Regardless of the type of braces, an impression of your teeth is taken, which is then transferred to compatible technology to make the initial modifications to your trays.
Once your Teaneck, NJ, dentist, Dr. Lemus, finalizes your first set of clear correct aligners, you can expect a series of trays throughout the rest of your treatment as your condition improves.
The reasons why many people choose clear aligners can vary, but most often, the allure is a result of:
- conveniently removable trays for eating, drinking, as well as your usual daily brushing and flossing
- the freedom to eat whatever you want—as long as your clear aligners are worn for 20-22 hours every day
- the unparalleled comfort thanks to the flexibility of the used plastic material
- no changes to your daily dental care routine
- a no-fuss process that offers precise treatment—proving impressive results in half the time traditional braces take
Traditional braces have been regarded as valuable for decades, but the removable aligner trays garner justifiable popularity—achieving the same results but more efficiently and comfortably.
Improve Your Smile
It's never too late to undergo corrective dental treatment or to obtain the smile you've always wanted—it's important to know what you want. By utilizing clear correct aligners, Dr. Lemus is prepared to help you actualize your ideal smile in Teaneck, NJ. Begin the journey to a beautiful smile by giving our office a call at (201) 836-0454, to schedule your consultation!
Your smile is often the first thing others notice about you, but if you have stained and discolored teeth, it makes it difficult to show off your smile. If your teeth need whitening, like others you may be concerned about which option will give you the best results. To help address your concerns, here are the pros and cons of visiting Dr. Isabel Lemus for professional teeth whitening in Teaneck, NJ.
Teeth Whitening Pros and Cons
There are pros and cons that come with either over-the-counter or professional teeth whitening in Teaneck, NJ. However, whitening treatments from an experienced dentist are the ideal option for brightening your smile.
Pros of Professional Teeth Whitening
- Better results-professional teeth whitening allows you to have a whiter, brighter smile in less time. Your dentist will use products that contain stronger amounts of peroxide than over-the-counter products. This allows you to get whiter teeth in less time.
- Safer application-teeth whitening chemicals may damage tooth enamel if they aren’t used correctly. Your dentist is experienced in applying the whitening gel in a manner that will not harm teeth and gums and the process will be supervised from beginning to end.
Cons of Professional Teeth Whitening
Although the pros definitely outweigh the pros, like anything, some people may find cons with professional teeth whitening, including:
- Cost-For most people, using over-the-counter whitening products are less costly than professional whitening treatments.
- Inconvenient-some people may find that scheduling an appointment for whitening services is inconvenient as opposed to using over-the-counter products at home.
Pros of Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening
- Cost-home whitening kits are a less expensive alternative to professional treatments. The at-home whitening kits vary in cost depending on the quality.
- Convenient-using at-home whitening kits allow you to apply to the gel or strips while you are at home, so there’s no need to schedule a dental appointment although this makes them easy to misuse.
Cons of Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening
- Risk of tooth and gum injury-When you have professional teeth whitening, the dentist monitors the application, your dental health, and the length of time in which the product is on your teeth. With at-home treatments, there is a high risk of misuse and risk of burning your gums.
- Uncontrolled results-home whitening kits often have lower quality results. Over-the-counter products generally only provide lightening by one or two shades, so several treatments are required to obtain desired results.
Professional teeth whitening in Teaneck, NJ, can transform your smile. The ideal way to determine which option is best for you and your needs is to talk with Dr. Lemus about your oral health. For more information about teeth whitening or to schedule a consultation, contact us at (201) 836-0454.
Dental implants offer an excellent solution if missing teeth have changed your smile. Your dentist in Teaneck, NJ, Dr. Isabel Lemus, can help you decide are implants are right for you.
6 reasons to choose dental implants
Dental implants offer an innovative approach to tooth restoration. Unlike other restoration options, dental implants make it possible to replace the bottom (root) and top (crown) of missing teeth.
The implant process starts with minor oral surgery to add a titanium post to your jawbone. The post, known as an implant, bonds to your jawbone over the course of several months, making your synthetic root just as strong as your natural roots. Your dental implant is connected to a dental crown to fill the gap in your smile and restore your biting ability.
If you've been thinking about replacing your missing teeth, you'll want to take a look at these dental implant benefits:
- A Long-Term Solution: Since implants become securely attached to your jawbone during the bonding process, they may last your entire lifetime.
- Comfort: You're likely to experience painful gum irritation if your restorations slip and slide when you eat. Dental implants don't move when you eat, which helps you avoid sores and irritation.
- Versatility: Whether you lost one tooth or all of them, dental implants can restore your smile.
- Natural Appearance: The crowns connected to the top of your dental implants are created from an impression of the mouth made during a visit to the Teaneck dental office. The impression is used to ensure that your new teeth look just like your natural teeth.
- Excellent Biting Power: A loss of biting power can occur if your restorations only replace the tops of your teeth. Tooth roots give you the power you need to eat hard, tough and sticky foods. Restoring your roots with dental implants means you won't have to change your diet or face a loss of biting power.
- Better Nutrition: Losing one or more teeth may make chewing, tearing, and grinding food difficult. If you've lost multiple teeth, you may just give up and opt for a soft or liquid diet instead. While a soft diet may fill you up, it won't necessarily offer the nutrients you need for good health. Thanks to your implants, you'll be able to eat a variety of foods.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Teaneck, NJ, dentist, Dr. Isabel Lemus, at (201) 836-0454 to schedule your appointment.
Patients who have missing teeth or major tooth and gum problems often have questions about dental implants. Implants are the modern solution for replacing teeth and are now often preferred over other solutions like dentures and bridges. Here are a few of the most common frequently asked questions about dental implants, answered. Having more knowledge of this dental treatment may inspire you to take action and call your Teaneck NJ dentist to see if you’re a candidate for this procedure.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are designed to serve the same purpose as the root of a tooth. They are small titanium devices that resemble screws that are inserted into the bone tissue below the gumline. When the implant heals into the bone, which may take several months, an abutment and permanent crown are placed on the top. With a porcelain or ceramic crown, the implanted tooth is indistinguishable from your other teeth.
Why Are Dental Implants the Best Solution?
The main reason why dental implants are the ideal solution is that they are permanent. Once they’re installed, they’re no different than any of your other teeth in terms of function and appearance. They also help keep the bone tissue healthy and strong. When you get dentures or bridges, the bone tissue can degrade over time.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
Only patients who have generally good dental health can get dental implants. Viable bone tissue is needed to ensure that the implants will stay rooted. That’s why it’s important to see a dentist for a tooth implant as early as possible. In some cases, a bone grafting procedure can help improve a patient’s chances of having a dental implant integrate successfully.
How Long Will Dental Implants Last?
For patients of a certain age, a dental implant has a good chance of lasting for a lifetime. The crown part of the implant can last for up to 15 years before it may need to be replaced. Seeing your dentist at least two times every year for professional cleanings and becoming meticulous about at-home dental care will ensure that the implant (and your other teeth) stays strong and healthy.
Contact your Teaneck NJ Dentist
Dental implantation is a straightforward and effective procedure that can help improve your dental health and the appearance of your smile. Call your Teaneck NJ dentist to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.